The website of Stadswonen Rotterdam uses cookies. Do not show this window again.

Rent increase

I can no longer afford to pay my rent. What should I do?

If you are having problems paying your rent, you should always contact us. We will look for a way to help. Call us on 010 245 67 00.

Why have I been contacted by the Tax Office?

Some of our tenants will have been contacted by the Tax Office because we asked them to confirm your income category, to see if it makes a difference to your rent increase for the coming year.

      I receive housing benefit. Do I have to inform the Tax Office about the changes to my rent?

      No, you do not have to do anything. We will pass this information on. However, it is a good idea for you to keep hold of our letter about your new rent, in case the Tax Office asks you for this at any point.

      Could the rent increase cause me to lose my housing benefit?

      You will continue to receive your housing benefit as long as your income is not too high. The Tax Office website shows the maximum income threshold for receiving this allowance.